Is this a male pattern baldness or diffuse baldness?

So I had a hairfall suddenly, my Age is 23 and I am a male.

This picture I took it recently, there is a straight even lines of baldness throughout the entire scalp starting from the hairline until the end of the crown, it looks like this ( |||||| )

this hair fall happend in the course of 6 months approximately, i already lost like 30% or more of my hair.

I had noticed that the front side and some places in my head had not recovered so about two weeks ago, approximately on 2024/7/26 I went to the doctor and he informed me to use a 10% minoxidil in the night,a hair spray i am not sure whats the name but in the morning and A general Vitamin pill that contains Iron, B9,B12 etc,once a day.

please can you confirm what is this ?,

I had checked 3 doctors 2 had said this is a normal hair loss since I did a blood test and I noticed that I had a very low Iron,B9,B12, and D3 percentage, and one doctor had informed me its a pattern baldness and I can’t do anything about it.

a word from you means a lot to me since my mentall status had been largely effected because of what happened to me and I even want to hurt myself sometimes because of it.

sorry for the bad English, its not my first language.

Diffuse thinning is male pattern baldness. It’s best to check with dermatalogist/scalp biopsy to be sure. To me it looks like male pattern baldness. Cure to male pattern baldness is finasteride/dutasteride.

I would try to fix your blood work. If it doesn’t work, you can hop on finasteride.

Diffuse thinning is male pattern baldness

Diffuse pattern loss can have completely different causes compared to typical androgenic alopecia, that’s why it’s differentiated in terminology. But also yes, a subset can sometimes settle into mpb. Hair loss is complex.

@nkrata just had an amazing post about this:

1 Like