To the trans women (currently and in the future) here: are (or were) you on 5ar inhibitors like finasteride and dutasteride? Did you eventually stop once your T was adequately suppressed, did you stay on your 5ari?
I’ve personally been on daily 500mcg dutasteride for almost a year, but now I’ve lowered my dose to 500mcg every other day, because my T is undetectable. I wonder if it’ll make sense to even stop taking dut altogether eventually. So I’d love to hear your experiences!
2 Likes
Been on HRT for 5 months, mono therapy, my T is suppressed to female levels but not 0, and I’m still on finasteride. Seeing pretty good progress, definitely don’t wanna mess anything up by stopping the finasteride!
Meanwhile, I’ve stopped taking dutasteride 
Technically dutastride elevates testosterone levels due to inhibition of conversion of testosterone to dht
Have things stayed okay for you then? I’m wondering whether its worth it to go on a dht blocker at all if my T is going to be suppressed through HRT anyway.